Pterodactyl [v1.x] Addon - Modpacks Installer for Minecraft | Download and install Minecraft Modpacks with selectable versions from Curseforge, Modrinth, Technicpack, Feed The Beast, and Voidswrath. Compatible with scripts and installers. [2.0.1]
Compatible with panel version 1.x (including 1.11.x and below)
This addon is an extensive effort to allow for one-click installation of modpacks directly from Curseforge, Modrinth, Technicpack, Feed The Beast (FTB) and Voidswrath (Voidlauncher). It allows the user to select which exact version of the modpack to install, and groups modpack versions into [SERVER-PACKS] and [SINGLEPLAYER-PACKS] if both are available through their respective modpack provider, with a warning message were the user to try to install a singleplayer pack (see images below).
The addon uses a custom-made egg script to run any installers and/or scripts provided by the author in the downloaded modpack. Post-installation, the server is reverted back to the egg the server was on and the custom-egg is deleted. This procedure is needed because many modpack authors choose to provide scripts, installers, or a modpack manifest.json file that needs to be initialized or run before the client can start the server, instead of including all files required to run the server directly. This addon will make sure to prepare everything beforehand, making the usage as simple as possible for the user: One-click and go. No configuration should be needed by client or administrator.
No Wings modifications are needed.
– Downloads (and installs) modpacks from Curseforge, Modrinth, Technicpack, Feed The Beast, and Voidswrath. Will run any install scripts or installers the modpack author has provided upon installation if needed. The correct server jarfile is always renamed to server.jar upon installation.
– Allows the user to choose which version of the modpack to install.
– If a modpack is installed: displays its name, version and provider on the top of the Modpacks tab (see screenshots below)
– Installed modpacks are updatable, reinstallable and uninstallable.
– Modpacks can be changed without additional modifications in the files.
– Includes a short description of the modpack in the search view. Includes how many downloads it has, the date it was created and the date of the latest release on the search page. The information included depends on the modpack provider.
– No Wings modifications required.
– Supports the new Forge 1.17+ startup commands (can be configured in the admin panel interface).
– Function to automatically change Java docker image for server based on the Minecraft version of the modpack being installed (can be configured in the admin panel interface).
– Search function allows filtering modpacks by name and Minecraft version.
– Restrict modpacks tab to only show up for Minecraft servers.
(Sorts by relevance)
Currently Installed Modpack
(If user is installing a singleplayer pack from Curseforge)
(If a user is installing a Modrinth modpack as it's still in early stages of development)
Compatible Modpack Installers and Scripts
These are the modpack installers and scripts the addon works with. So far, I haven't come across a modpack that doesn't install. If you do, please contact me on my Discord found via the link at the bottom.
Packs where the Forge or Fabric jarfile, minecraft_server jarfile, all mods and libraries are included. These pack don't require any additional installers to run.
Full modpacks are always included when downloading from Feed The Beast, Voidswrath and Technic. Curseforge is a little more complicated as there's no standardized approach for how packs are put together regarding which installers are being used. Hence the effort to make the following installations and scripts compatible with this addon:
Packs provided with a forge installer jarfile.
Packs provided with a Fabric installer jarfile.
Packs provided with a serverstarter jar or script with a yaml file containing mods and forge or fabric version to install.
Modpacks provided with a mods.csv file containing all the mods to download using a provided script.
Packs provided with a manifest.json file containing all mods to install, which Forge or Fabric version to install and which version of Minecraft to install.
Modrinth.index.json File (Modrinth only)
Packs provided with a modrinth.index.json file containing all mods to install, which Forge or Fabric version to install and which version of Minecraft to install. Works similarly to the Manifest.json packs but the file is constructed slightly differently. All Modrinth modpacks are constructed in this way.
Mods Folder Only
Packs provided with only a mods folder. Will grab forge/fabric version from client version of the pack if not found.
– Forge or Fabric jar but no minecraft_server jar
– minecraft_server jar but no Forge or Fabric jar.
– Very much open to your suggestions on Discord :)
– You may not resell or publish contents of this addon without consent of the author.
– Maintenance and support (incl. Pterodactyl updates) are not guaranteed.
– Compatibility with any addons is not guaranteed.
– Compatibility with any modpacks are not guaranteed.
– I'm allowed to refuse support if any terms are violated.
– No refunds will be carried out unless there's something I cannot fix.
The core addon is great on older versions but sadly due to the more recent updates, I can't recommend it as its a bit of a hassle to get the license system running. I would gladly remove this review but in its current state its not worth purchasing.
This is the best plugin. Period.
I was quite sceptical about purchasing this plugin (especially from this website, was little suspicious) but the constant updates that keep on getting better really satisfied my needs :)
The UI is fabulous and it's one of the very few pterodactyl plugins that has quick, effective support straight from the developer themselves.
As a little side-note, for people who are new to installing pterodactyl plugins, you should relax. This plugin arrives with a detailed PDF guide to install or upgrade it.
I sincerely thank the developer for the hard work and hope to see more!